Summer Ocean & Forest Camp
Ages 6 to 12
9AM to 3PM
270 + TAX
The 5-day camp explores the natural world and deepens our connection with it in a setting with beach and forest access. Using city parks as our venue, we explore edible and medicinal plants, mammals and wildlife tracking, survival skills, and wildcrafting, gaining valuable skills while having a blast!
NOTICE: About 200 meters from the end of the picnic tables, the beach becomes “clothing optional”. While most people using the beach respect where this designation is, occasionally, beach users start the “clothing optional” closer to Acadia than officially designated. Camps will mostly occur in the other direction, especially on busy days. As aware as we are of this somewhat grey area, we cannot predict when this may happen, but we will always ensure that the kids are safe and comfortable, and if we need to move spots, we will.
- Curiosity-led exploration outdoors with learning opportunities introduced naturally
- Nature-based games, stories, projects, and challenges to inspire connection to place related to the daily curriculum theme
- Mentoring delivered by experienced instructors to support students developing problem-solving skills, self-sufficiency, and a deeper level of learning
- High adult to child ratio (1:7) and primarily small group adventures
- Emphasis on emotional awareness, compassion, and gratitude
Acadia Beach Park – Vancouver location
August 2- 6
August 16- 20
August 23- 27
Please note that there are staggered start and end times to minimize group size during sign in.
What Families are Saying
“Our son very much enjoyed the personal attention that he receives from the instructors. This created a sense of belonging and made him feel special. The use of sense-engagement games, alongside inquiry-based learning, made the camp both intellectually and physically engaging and rewarding.” – Joyce, Summer Camp Parent
“Our children had a wonderful time. They called it “the best camp ever!”. We loved seeing them come back every day full of excitement, stories, and dirt (oh and mosquito bites). The way you challenged the children to explore, ask questions and discover showed in their behaviour directly. Your goodbye cards were very much appreciated. – Frans and Fenneke, Summer Camp Parents
“The nature camp was awesome. I can’t wait for the next time!” – Kai, Summer Camp Participant