North VANCOUVER Coquitlam Vancouver Delta
See details below
525 + TAX
The Apprenticeship Program is currently under renovation. Please sign up for the waitlist and we’ll be in touch when the new version of the program is open for enrollment.
The Apprenticeship is an opportunity to discover and share your gifts in nature connection and mentor young learners in their joyful growth at Soaring Eagle Nature School. Through 6 Saturday cohort training days and 7 practicum days at Soaring Eagle’s Monthly Nature School program, you can develop the skills and facilitation techniques that contribute to the program’s underlying curiosity-led and student-driven approach.
- Development of land-based naturalist and survival skills
- Experience educational approaches that follow natural rhythms and the natural learning journey
- Learn sensory development games and activities
- Witness and support facilitation of outdoor curriculum pieces with practicum component of the program, including nature-based games, songs, and stories
- Deepening awareness and sense of belonging to community and place
- Understanding hazards and how to take care of yourself and others in the forest
- Explore technologies of the natural world and their influence on our culture and lives, in the past and today
What Families are Saying
“The program was way more than I hoped for, it reached down inside me and pulled out this person that had not been around for a while. It woke her up, shook the dust off her and set her firmly down on the forest floor with an instruction to open her eyes and look around. And I’ve been here marvelling at what I see ever since..” – Sally, Apprenticeship Program Participant
“I joined the Apprenticeship Program as a professional development opportunity to gain experience with a mentoring style that would allow me to deepen my students connection to nature on outdoor education experiences. However, integrating Coyote Mentoring into my practice had impact beyond my outdoor education students and also had a positive impact on my students in the classroom. The holistic approaches helps bring out that innate desire to learn in all students and has allowed us to build better connections with nature and each other.” – Sara, Apprenticeship Program Participant
“Being in the Apprenticeship Program felt like I was experiencing the forest for the first time. As an avid trail runner and backpacker, I didn’t realize how much I was missing out on. I joined to learn about outdoor education, but I left with a connection to nature that has become the most important thing in my life.” – Mikaela, Apprenticeship Program Participant