Cancellation and Refund Policy
If cancelling or unable to attend the program for any reason:
- 15 or more days before the start of the program, you are entitled to a full refund, minus the deposit and a $20 administration fee.
- Less than 15 days before the program or once the program has begun, there will be no refunds. If the spot gets filled, we can issue a refund minus the deposit, the fee for program days attended or missed before the spot was filled, and a $20 administration fee. No spots are filled for Monthly Forest Programs after two sessions have occurred.
$50 deposit for programs that are between $100 and $300
$100 deposit for programs that are between $300 and $500
$250 deposit for programs that are $500 and up
$500 deposit for Forest Learners Program
Any program changes are subject to a $20 administration fee.
Cancellation and Refunds Related to Covid-19:
- If we need to cancel programs before the program start date due to Covid-19, we will issue full refunds to all families.
- If we need to cancel in person sessions after the program start date due to Covid-19, we will offer refunds for all cancelled sessions, minus 20% that will help us cover admin, credit card processing fees, as well as online distance programming for each program day. We will issue refunds and/or cancel payments at the end of each month based on each household’s account.
- For any families that need to cancel due to being adversely affected by Covid-19 (contracting the virus, job loss, caring for a sick family member), we will issue a full refund.
- For all other cancellations, our regular Cancellation and Refund policy applies.
Late Pick Up Policy
We understand that life happens and that sometimes being late is unavoidable. However, being late on a regular basis does not work for our programming. If this becomes an issue and we notice you are continuously late to pick up your child, we will start charging $1.00 per minute per child, starting 5 minutes after the pick-up time. This will then be charged monthly to your account.
If you are arriving late to program, please be sure to let the lead instructor know as soon as you can.
Pick Up Permissions Policy
Parents are required to name any additional people (other than the child’s parents) who are permitted to pick-up the child (including other parents, family members, etc). The ‘Pick-up Permissions’ form is found in each household’s online account during registration and must be completed one week before camp and by August 31st for year-long programs. Instructors are only permitted to send kids home with an adult who can prove themselves to be one of the adults on the pick-up permission form.
If your child is sick, please don’t send them to the program. If an instructor deems a child too sick for program, the child can not attend for the day.
If your child will be absent please text the lead instructor the morning of the program.
Prior to the program start date, we send a detailed list of essential gear needed, as well as a detailed description of how to dress your child.
If your child is not dressed adequately and/or does not have adequate gear in their backpack, we have the right to let you know that they cannot stay at program, unless appropriate gear is brought to them. This is not only a safety risk, but for the benefit of the entire program.
It is expected that children attend all sessions of the program they are registered for. We understand that occasional absences will happen, but regular and consistent absences do not allow for the deeper learning and connection we aim for within our programs. If we notice consistent absences that are taking away from our program, we will cancel the enrollment of that child. We will only be able to give a partial refund if we are able to fill that spot.
We cannot accommodate children sharing enrollment, nor can we accommodate make-up days.
Make Up Day Policy
Due to the nature of our programs, as well as the safety of the groups, we are unable to do any make up days for classes missed.
Full payment is due upon registration. Upon registration, there may be an option to pay the deposit and set up a payment plan for future payments using a credit card. A payment plan is subject to the same refund policy as full payment, which does not permit partial program dates or partial payments.
Late Payment Policy
Accounts not paid within 7 days of the date of the invoice are subject to a12% late fee.
For households arranging payment through homeschool funds, this late fee does not apply.
Extreme Weather, Air Quality and Other Risks Policy
No refunds will be given for missed program days, including cancellations due to extreme weather or other situations that are out of our control.
If there are extreme weather warnings or other risks that compromise the safety of our students and staff, including but not limited to safety on the roads, smoke, high winds, etc, we will cancel program for the day and an email will be sent by 7:15am the morning of the program to inform families of any cancellations.
- For snow, we follow the school board of each program location and our judgement based on the unique locations of our programs.
- For Air Quality, we follow the BC Ministry Air Quality Index. If the Index is at a 7 or higher, we cancel program. This is for the safety of the kids and staff.