5-day Camps Volunteer
Spring Break Camp locations include North Vancouver and Vancouver
Summer Camp locations include North Vancouver, Vancouver, Coquitlam and Delta
Spend five days during spring break and/or summer on a forest adventure with nature mentors and children between the ages of 4 to 12 (specific age range will depending on our needs and your experience). This is an opportunity to share your gifts with youth through nature-based mentoring and passion-based learning, be immersed in a mentoring model that can be applied to any school or organization, and gain skills and experience from experienced and well-trained mentors in curriculum topics including ecology, edible and medicinal plants, basic outdoor/survival skills, wildlife tracking, bird identification and behavior, and sensory development games and activities.
- Basic naturalist knowledge, ideally from this bioregion. You don’t need to be an expert, but you do need a desire to explore just as much as the children, and to engage with them in the learning process so that they can discover and solve natural mysteries. We learn in and from the natural spaces we explore.
- Experience working with children in a non-coercive and supportive way. This may include experience with: non-violent communication (or other similar framework), a strengths-based approach, supporting internal validation and self-directed inquiry.
- Must be 18 or older, unless with special permission
- A clear Criminal Record Check provided for our records
- All five sessions of preferred Spring Break Camp and/or Summer Camp week. Days run from 8:00am to 2:00/4:00 pm depending on the program. You are responsible for providing your own snack and lunch.
- Ongoing mentorship from experience instructors
- Valuable experience in the field of outdoor education and nature connection
- A free SENS T-shirt
- A reference letter upon request
- A $50 stipend for every 5-day camp
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter with the program you are interested in volunteering for, including availability
We look forward to hearing from you!