Soaring Eagle Nature School
Soaring Eagle Nature School is a Vancouver based school that offers unique nature based programs to youth, teens and adults. Our mission at Soaring Eagle Nature School is to empower people to discover and share their gifts through meaningful connections with the natural world.
We honour the natural cycles within people and use their own excitement and curiosity to guide their learning and their connections to themselves, the earth and other people.
Soaring Eagle Nature School is seeking a Communications and Administration Lead.
This is an opportunity to help grow nature connection in the Lower Mainland. We are looking for a committed and resourceful individual to become a part of the school.
This is a part time position to start- 20 hours per week, with the opportunity of becoming a full time position. Busiest times are January-June.
Responsibilities would include and are not limited to:
- Organizing registration for fall, winter, spring and summer programs
- Managing and configuring our online registration and camp management system to ensure it is up to date and accurate, as well as configuring the system for future programs.
- Maintaining and managing program waitlists.
- Reporting on program registration and payments and resolving any registration and or program payment issues.
- Ongoing communication with staff regarding program registration
- Handling inquiries and phone calls from parents and families regarding registration and other matters
- Preparing paperwork for programs
- Coordinating communications with staff, logistics and program support
- Ordering necessary equipment and supplies for programs
- Liaising with staff during program times
- Facilitating communications between staff members and interns through use of online tools
- Coordination of our web presence and newsletters
- Updating our wordpress based website periodically to ensure it is up to date and accurate
- Preparing and sending our regular (roughly quarterly) newsletters
- Maintaining our email list
- Assist with other tasks with the school including strategic planning, special events, etc.
- Working closely with the director to maintain clear lines of communication and keep management up to date on key issues.
The Ideal candidate will have and demonstrate familiarity and understanding of the following:
- A passion for nature based education and a belief in the mission and core values of Soaring Eagle Nature School
- Analytical and creative
- Able to handle a large volume of work, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Solid computer skills, strong competency with MS Word and Excel, experience with registration software as well as newsletter software is an asset
- Proficiency in using wordpress for building and changing websites
- Using and creating newsletters on Mailchimp
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Friendly, kind and patient
- Solid communication skills
- Experience in a role relating to customer service or program administration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self starter: independent, able to manage time and meet deadlines
- Must be available to work in the summer
- Excellent networking skills
Applications due by June 21st. Training days are July 17-19. 20 hours per week starting in the summer and continuing in the fall.
Hourly wage TBD based on experience and availability.
Other details: The person hired can work from home and must have own computer and secure internet access. Phone set up, external Hard drive, Printer and other office supplies will be provided.
Please send your resume, along with a letter of interest, and 3 professional references to: info(AT)soaringeaglenatureschool(DOT)org
Applications due right away. The review of applications will be ongoing until the posting closes on June 21.
Thank you for your interest and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please